This is an analysis of the poem The Pity Of Love that begins with:
A PITY beyond all telling
Is hid in the heart of love:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001110 0100101 011110110 01111001 01111010 10100101 11110110 1001111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Pity Of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Butler Yeats
- Analysis of The Heart Of The Woman
- Analysis of The Lover Mourns For The Loss Of Love
- Analysis of Meeting