This is an analysis of the poem The Heart Of The Woman that begins with:
O WHAT to me the little room
That was brimmed up with prayer and rest;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacadede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 11110111 11110001 11110101 11011101 01111111 010010011 01100101 11011101 11110111 11010111 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 406
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Heart Of The Woman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Butler Yeats
- Analysis of The Lover Mourns For The Loss Of Love
- Analysis of Meeting
- Analysis of News For The Delphic Oracle