This is an analysis of the poem The Thought that begins with:
Into the skies, one summer's day,
I sent a little Thought away; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aacc ddee fXff eeghg bbff iijj kkhhXkkbbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,5,4,4,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00011101 11010101 1010011 01110011 1111101 1011011 0010111 11111111 1110111 0011101 1011111 11110101 1110111 1000100 1010101 1011101 1111101 0010111 1011111 1011100 1110001 1110101 0010111 1011111 1110101 1110111 11111001 1011101 1011101 1110101 00010101 10101010 10111110 11111001 1010101 1010101 1111111 1111101 0110111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thought, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Thought;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.