This is an analysis of the poem The Cat Of Cats that begins with:
I am the cat of cats. I am
The everlasting cat!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaBbBbB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 010101 10111111 010101 1110001 010101 11110101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 208
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; cat is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cat Of Cats;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Brighty Rands
- Analysis of Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World
- Analysis of Cuckoo In The Pear-Tree
- Analysis of The Dream Of A Boy Who Lived At Nine-Elms