This is an analysis of the poem Love's Saint that begins with:
Some lip will use her name--a rapt surprise,
Passing the heart's set ward, upon me steals. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbccdcdaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010101 1001110111 1101111101 110100111001 11111111110 1101010101 01010001010 11010011001 11010111110 1111010101 01000100110 1011010011 0100111001 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 648
- Average number of words per stanza: 120
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; what is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Saint;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.