This is an analysis of the poem Proverbs that begins with:
One continent, one creed, one skin -
Our health and savour lie therein.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbaaXdeeaaffeebbceeddeeggaaaaddXXhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11001111 11110101 0111010101 11110100 10010101 11010100 11000100 0101010101 1101011101 1001010100 11010101 11010101 01010011 010111010 11011101010 0100010001 11001010001 0100001010001 01110100 1001110100 1111111101 11000010100 1111110100 10110111 1101111111 1101110111 11010101 110000101 11110101 01010100 111001001 111101001 010111010 10100010 11100101 0111110101 1101010101 10010100 110100101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1530
- Average number of words per stanza: 265
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; one is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word if is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Proverbs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Baylebridge
- Analysis of Xxxii From Love Redeemed
- Analysis of To Winter In The Midst Of His Reign
- Analysis of After The Storm