This is an analysis of the poem A Little Te Deum For These Times that begins with:
We thank Thee, Lord,
For mercies manifold in these dark days;- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXbbcddddXeeacXcXedXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111 1101010111 1101111101 1101000111 1111000111 11001010101 11111111010 1111000101 11110000101 1111000101 1111010011 1111011101 1110010101 1100110111 0101010011 1111100101 1111010101 1101010100 1101010101 11010111010 010111100 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 911
- Average number of words per stanza: 169
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word for is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines men is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Little Te Deum For These Times;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.