This is an analysis of the poem A Silent Te Deum that begins with:
We thank Thee, Lord,
For all Thy Golden Silences,- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXbXdXeXXebebccXccbdbXfXeeebbffa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 34,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111 11110100 11001000111 11001000101 1001110001 1101010101 1001110001 1001110101 1001110001 1001110001 1001011101 0101110101 1011001101 1001010101 1001111101 1001010001 110101101 1111001101 11011101010 1101110101 1001010111 1001110101 1001110011 1001011101 1001011101 1101011000 1111011101 1010101 1010111 1101011111 0101010101 0111010101 11111 111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1396
- Average number of words per stanza: 231
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, silence, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, silence are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines thee is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Silent Te Deum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.