This is an analysis of the poem The Young Soldier that begins with:
It is not death
Without hereafter... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc dada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0011 01010 0101 011010 10110 11110 10010 10110 0001 110101 110101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Young Soldier;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.