This is an analysis of the poem The Send-Off that begins with:
Down the close, darkening lanes they sang their way
To the siding-shed,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aba ab cbccb ded de eXeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,5,3,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10110011111 00101 1101010101 1101110111 1111 11010101001 1101 1001000101 1011010101 1001 1100111111 1011 1101011101 1101111101 11010 1101010011 0110 0101111111 1111001101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; few is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Send-Off;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.