This is an analysis of the poem On Seeing A Piece Of Our Heavy Artillery Brought Into Action that begins with:
Be slowly lifted up, thou long black arm,
Great Gun towering towards Heaven, about to curse;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba XcXcdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101011111 1110001100101 1101011001 1100010101 1111001111 1101010111 1101010101 1101011101 1111111100 1101000100 0101111101 10010010100 1111010111 1111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 312
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Seeing A Piece Of Our Heavy Artillery Brought Into Action;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.