This is an analysis of the poem Apologia Pro Poemate Meo that begins with:
I, too, saw God through mud--
The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bXbX bcbc XdXd efef efef ghgh bdbd ihiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111111 0111111101 1111001111 1111111101 1001011 11010111100 11011111111 10110101010 111111 0100111101 1111010111 1001001111 1101000 1011011111 11110100100 10011101101 111101 0101010011 1101010011 0011011111 111101 11011101111 1001000111 1001000101 1101110 0011111101 11000100010 1111110101 10010111 00010100101 11010100001 1101011101 111111 1111010110 1101011111 1111111100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, you, not are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apologia Pro Poemate Meo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.