This is an analysis of the poem For My Daughter that begins with:
Looking into my daughter’s eyes I read
Beneath the innocence of morning flesh ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXacdcdeecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1000110111 0101000101 0110011111 1001110111 01110110001 0111010011 1101101111 1100011100 101010111 1111110001 01010001010 1001000101 1101010001 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 593
- Average number of words per stanza: 105
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of For My Daughter;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.