This is an analysis of the poem La Vita Nuova that begins with:
Last summer, in the blue heat,
Over the beach, in the burning air,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXXX bXbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100011 100100101 0101011101 0111000111 1111010111 100101011 1111101 01101101110 1001010 1001111 100111111 10011101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Vita Nuova;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.