This is an analysis of the poem Song Of Myself, XLIII that begins with:
I do not despise you priests, all time, the world over,
My faith is the greatest of faiths and the least of faiths,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdcXdXcecXXfb g fXX Xf Xgee fh h ffchagcXec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,1,3,2,4,2,1,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111110110 1100100110101 0101010110110110110 010111010101101100 1001001001000101001 10010001111100010010010 10010110111010010 1011010010010110100101000 101001101011010010001 1001001001001111001011 01001001011110110010011001 0011010100110110100001 101100101101101111100101 1011101111101011 01000100010010 10110001010011111101101001010 1101011010 1001010100100101000 1110010111010011011100 1011 1101101100101101 01110101011010 11110111110110 01001011101001 11010111000111101001 111110011100 1110000110101101 11100010111001010101101 0101011111110 1011011111101 1010111010111111110101 101111101101100100111 11001110011101110 101001011101010101000100 1011010010111010 11010011100101001 1101001001101001010100 10011011101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 340
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 71 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, in, as, who, nor are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words how, nor are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines same, fail are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word fail at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of Myself, XLIII;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.