This is an analysis of the poem So Far And So Far, And On Toward The End that begins with:
SO far, and so far, and on toward the end,
Singing what is sung in this book, from the irresistible impulses of... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXbcabbXXcXcX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111110101 1010100100101000100 1 1101010010100100 1011110110111100 01101110010 101111010 10110110110 101101111010111 010 1011101000110101 1001110011 0101011110010100001 11 01110010100 11010100100 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 428
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word whether is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of So Far And So Far, And On Toward The End;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Walt Whitman
- Analysis of One Song, America, Before I Go
- Analysis of As I Ponder'D In Silence
- Analysis of How Solemn As One By One