This is an analysis of the poem As I Ponder'D In Silence that begins with:
AS I ponder'd in silence,
Returning upon my poems, considering, lingering long,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXbbbcXXb cXXcaXcXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110010 0100111001001001 01001011001011 1000101110 010010011 1010101101 010100100101 11001110101 111101111100101 11001010100101 01000110 0011110 11101101110101101 110 101101001001011 01100011100 110101101101010 101 111110101100101 11111001010 101101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 507
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, for are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word soldiers at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of As I Ponder'D In Silence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.