This is an analysis of the poem The Planet On The Table that begins with:
Ariel was glad he had written his poems.
They were of a remembered time...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb cdX cXc XXd Xab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 100111110010 10000101 10101111 1010001 01110 101110 0110101 10101110001 01110001 0110101101 11011111 11001100 1100010101 00100011 001001101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word some is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Planet On The Table;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Wallace Stevens
- Analysis of Not Ideas About The Thing But The Thing Itself
- Analysis of Of Modern Poetry
- Analysis of The House Was Quiet And The World Was Calm