This is an analysis of the poem Another Weeping Woman that begins with:
Pour the unhappiness out
From your too bitter heart,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaX Xbb XXX XbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001001 011101 1100110 101001 00001001 0111 001001010 001010010100 000101 11 011111001 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Another Weeping Woman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Wallace Stevens
- Analysis of A Postcard From The Volcano
- Analysis of Valley Candle
- Analysis of A Rabbit As King Of The Ghosts