This is an analysis of the poem To Her Royal Highness, The Princess Of *** that begins with:
Abeauteous princess often may
Languish in pleasure's season gay;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb cccc bbdd bbbb bbee aaee ffbb ccbb ggaa ddbb ccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 100100101 01010101 111100001 01010101 010100101 01010101 10111101 11111101 11011001 11110101 11010001 01110101 10011101 10110101 110100111 11011001 00010101 11011001 110010111 01010101 11110101 100011101 01000101 11010001 01010101 01100101 11111101 11010001 10110101 11110111 11011111 10110111 11111101 11001101 11010101 0101011001 11010101 11011111 01010001 11011001 10010101 010101010 10111101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Her Royal Highness, The Princess Of ***;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Voltaire
- Analysis of To A Lady Very Well Known To The Whole Town
- Analysis of On The Death Of Adrienne Lecouvreur, A Celebrated Actress
- Analysis of The Padlock