This is an analysis of the poem On The Death Of Adrienne Lecouvreur, A Celebrated Actress that begins with:
Hat sight of woe thus harrows up my soul!
Must those love-darting eyes in anguish roll?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeecXffggddeeddbbccddeeXcbbXhddggiiccbXeehhggbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 54,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101110111 1111010101 1101110101 1101011001 1111100101 1101110111 0111111101 1101011101 0101110101 0111110101 11011100101 11111000110 1101000101 1011001101 11010100101 0011110101 11010101001 00111100101 1111010001 1001010101 101111110101 1001010101 1011110011 1111110101 1101011101 1101111101 1101001111 1111001101 1101100011 0101001100 11010111010 1101001101 11010111001 0101110101 10011000101 1011001101 1101010101 1101110001 01110100101 1001010101 100010100001 01001010001 0101010111 010101101 0101111001 01010111100 1011010101 1011101101 01001000101 1101011101 1001010011 1111010101 10011111101 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2309
- Average number of words per stanza: 406
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Death Of Adrienne Lecouvreur, A Celebrated Actress;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.