This is an analysis of the poem The Sea that begins with:
The sea is just a cradle wide and deep,-
A cradle that the moon rocks to and fro;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXXc dede fcfc dgdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010111 0101011011 1111111101 1101111101 1111010001 0100110101 1111111100 1110010001 1110010101 11010111001 1111000101 1101011101 0111111101 1001010101 1101011101 1100110101 1101010100 0111010011 1101010101 0101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word what is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.