This is an analysis of the poem The Sea-Born that begins with:
Afar in the turbulent city,
In a hive where men make gold,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa Xbbb acXc Xded efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010010 0011111 111010101 1010001 111101101 1011101 1010010011 1010111 111101011 0101101 101101110 0111001 101011010 0110101 110110101 1011101 101010101 10100101 010110111 1011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sea-Born;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.