This is an analysis of the poem Last Night that begins with:
Last night your faded memory came to me
As in the wilderness spring comes quietly,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 11110100101 100100011100 1100010111 1001101111 01000101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Last Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.