This is an analysis of the poem A Style Of Loving that begins with:
Light now restricts itself
To the top half of trees; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacdXd acXXXcdc bXaeebXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 001101 0101 110101 110001 1111 0100011 11 1101000 1101010 1000011 100100 111011 10111 11011011 11101 11111010 0110 0100110 111110 111111 0101 0100111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Style Of Loving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.