This is an analysis of the poem How Rarely These Few Years that begins with:
How rarely all these few years, as work keeps us aloof,
Or fares, or one thing or another,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110111101 111111010 111101101101 111101110 110101010001 011100010 110111010001 010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of How Rarely These Few Years;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.