This is an analysis of the poem Til Min Gudsøn that begins with:
Min lille Dreng, du lyse Æbleblomst
i Drøm paa Vaarens lette, morgenrene Luft,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXb XXXX XXbX bXXX XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110 1111011001 1111111 11111111 111100011 111111011 1101111101 11111111 01111111 1110110100 11111111 1111111101 11011111 1111010111 111111111 11111111 11111111 111111110 111111101 110110100 11111111 111101101 01111101 0111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, dig are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, du are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Til Min Gudsøn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Viggo Stuckenberg
- Analysis of Tre Kærlinger Fløj Til Bloksbjærg
- Analysis of Undertiden Gaar Éns Liv I Staa
- Analysis of Ved Stranden