This is an analysis of the poem Ved Stranden that begins with:
Jeg valgte mit Stade hernede ved Stranden,
den øde, fortvivlende triste,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111110110 101001 110101100 1101001 101101111 11011110 01011001011 100111110 11111110110 11011111 11101110110 11011111 1011010110 1011111 10111111 11101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, jeg are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ved Stranden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Viggo Stuckenberg
- Analysis of Ved Aarhundred-Skiftet Nytaarsnat
- Analysis of Venus Fra Milo
- Analysis of Vestre Kirkegaard