This is an analysis of the poem Nordsjælland that begins with:
Store Skove, grønne Sletter,
mellem Skovene smaa Byer...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXa baaX aXXX XXXX bXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 1010110 10111 11101010 1111000 111110 11011110 1111010 11100010 10111110 101110 10101000 101110 1111010 1111110 11101010 1010101 11100100 11111000 111001 111001 111110 1111110 1011101 10111 110011 111100 101001 1011111 1010100 111101 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 112
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; den is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, om are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nordsjælland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.