This is an analysis of the poem Foraarsnat that begins with:
Naar Solen synker,
og gyldne Skyer smykker Aftnens Himmel,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXX XXXXa abXbX XXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 111101010 11111101010 11011111010 1101110001 101101 110111101 11101001 1101111101 11011011010 11110 1110111010 110101111 11110101010 11011111110 1101 1101110101 1101111111 1101110101 11011111 1011 111101111 11010111 1101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Foraarsnat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.