This is an analysis of the poem Foraarsregn that begins with:
Det regner over Mosen,
saa mildt og blødt, saa fint og tæt,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XaXXX XXXXX XaXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 11111111 110111 11011111 110110 1110010 1100011 01010 110100 1101010 11101 010011 11011 11001 1111010 1101010 1111111 1101010 111011 1001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The author used the same word det at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Foraarsregn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.