This is an analysis of the poem Making Cider that begins with:
I saw within the wheelwright’s shed
The big round cartwheels, blue and red;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbcaaX dccd cededceX fgfg haaeehaiajjhihkjk klkkleakeaadada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,4,8,4,17,15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01111111 010101 01110101 11010111 1010101 01000101 11110101 010101 110101001 010101 11010101 100101 11011111 01010101 01010111 11011101 01011111 11010011 11010101 01001100 01110101 01010101 11010111 11110101 01010111 01110111 01000101 01010001 11100101 110111 11010101 01010111 10011001 01010101 11110101 110101001 11011001 111101 110101001 11011101 11010101 11010101 011101 100100101 11010101 100111 11110101 100101 11111101 010101 11010111 11000101 0101101 010101 11010101 110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 321
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Making Cider;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.