This is an analysis of the poem Tuscany that begins with:
Cisterns and stones; the fig-tree in the wall
Casts down her shadow, ashen as her boughs,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcacbdeddeefbebefXefeaggfgaeehahedadaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 39,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011011001 1101110101 0101010111 1001011101 1001010101 0101011101 1011010101 1001011101 0101010101 110101 0111010101 0101010101 0101000111 1011010101 01010001001 1011010001 1011000101 0101010001 1001000101 1001010101 01001010101 1001110101 1111110101 01010001001 0100010101 0101010001 1001011101 1111110100 0101110101 1101010001 0101110101 1101 1101010101 1111000101 1111110101 0111110111 1101001 1101000111 1101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1652
- Average number of words per stanza: 285
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; this, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, here, this, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tuscany;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.