This is an analysis of the poem When London Calls that begins with:
They leave us - artists, singers, all -
When London calls aloud,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Cbcb dede bebX fafa cgcg haha XXXi cece caca cici jcjc bibi CkXk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110101 01000100 0101 11010111 110101 010100101 01001 01011101 110111 11110101 0101 01000101 010111 01010101 1000 11011111 010101 11100101 0101 01001101 011101 01110111 1101 01011101 010100 01000101 1101 11110100 110100 11011101 1101 11011111 110101 110100101 0011 01110101 110101 0110111 1101 01010001 0101001 01110101 1101 10110001 010111 01000101 0101 11010111 1100011 110101001 1101 11010111 011101 1001010 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, and are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When London Calls;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.