This is an analysis of the poem The Three Roads that begins with:
There is a town in Ireland,
A little town I know;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdb EFEf XeXeXe EFEf dgegXg EFEf acfcdc EFef abXbXbXEaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,6,4,6,4,6,4,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010100 010111 01110101 011101 1001010 010111 1011001 1010001 1010101 011101 1011010 110101 1111010 010101 0101010 110101 1011001 1010001 1010101 010101 1110011 110101 0100010 010111 1101110 110001 1011001 1010001 1010101 1000101 11000111 110101 0101110 010101 11011101 011101 1011001 1010001 1010101 010101 11000101 110011 1111010 010111 0101010 110111 1011001 1010111 1010101 0010100
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, road are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Three Roads;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.