This is an analysis of the poem Tamerlane that begins with:
LO, upon the carpet, where
Throned upon a heap of slain... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXacacc cdcdd Xcbcc efeff ghghh afaff fcfcc icicc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 10010101 1110101 1110101 1010100 1010101 1010101 1011101 1010101 1010101 10111001 1010101 1011101 1010101 1000100 1110100 1001101 0110101 11001001 1110001 11101101 1011101 10101011 1010101 1011101 1011101 0110101 1010101 1010111 1011101 1010101 1011111 1011101 1010101 1010111 1110111 1011110 1001101 1010111 1000111 1010101 1011101 0000111 1111101 0110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tamerlane;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.