This is an analysis of the poem Players that begins with:
And after all -- and after all,
Our passionate prayers, and sighs, and tears, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cded fgfg hdhd icic jbjbXcded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 110011111 01010100 11111100 11111101 11111111 11011101 11011101 01000111 11010101 11010101 11010001 110111001 11111101 11010111 11011101 01110111 11010101 010100101 11011101 01110101 11011101 11110101 10011001 11111101 11110101 11011101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words there, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Players;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.