This is an analysis of the poem Love that begins with:
Love is the sunlight of the soul,
That, shining on the silken-tressèd head... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc ceec bbbb fggf hXXhXcddc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011001 110101011 0011010101 01010100 11011101 1101010011 1111000101 10010111 11111101 0101011101 0111110111 11110101 10110111 0101110101 1011111111 11010101 110001001 1101011101 1110010101 01110111 11111101 0101110100 1101110101 11110101 01010011 0101110101 1101110011 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.