This is an analysis of the poem Recital Of The Ramayana that begins with:
When the silent night was ended, and their pure ablutions done,
Joyous went the minstrel brothers, and their lofty lay begun,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc dd ee ff ee ff cX ff eX gX eX ff aa aa aX Xb ggXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 101011101111001 101010101110110 100010101011101 100010101010101 111010101010111 0010111001010111 101011001010101 10101010101011001 100010101000101 101010101110101 101110101010101 111001101000101 1110101010111001 111111001010001 101010101011111 1110101000101001 001110100010101 111010101010101 101000101010101 10101101010101 111000101111110 011010100010101 111010101010101 111010111011011 11010101010111 111010101000101 1100101010010101 111010100010101 011010101000101 11101001000100101 011010101010110 0010110100010111 111011110010101 1010101001101100 10111010101001010 110010100110111 1000111001010101 101010101000111 101011101110101 101011100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 20
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 62 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, of, and, ', this, to, day are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Recital Of The Ramayana;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Valmiki
- Analysis of Kausalya's Lament And Rama's Reply
- Analysis of Friends In Misfortune
- Analysis of The Counsel Of Tara