This is an analysis of the poem The Counsel Of Tara that begins with:
Linked in bonds of faithful friendship Rama and Sugriva came,
Where in royal town Kishkindha, Bali ruled with warlike fame,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc dd cc cc dd ee ff dd cc cc cc bb gg hh ii jj bb ff jj cc bb dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 101010101011001 101011001010111 1011101011101001 110010100010111 101110101011101 111101101111101 101010101010101 101010101010101 111010100010101 101111101011101 101110101010101 101010101010101 1001011101110001 101110100110101 111010101111101 011110101011101 101011001010101 111010101100101 111110100110101 101110101011111 1110110011010101 101010111100001 101011001010001 1010100100011001 100010111010011 111010110010011 100100101000101 101010100110101 1111101001111101 100011001010101 001100100010001 001010101010011 101010100010111 1010111000010101 101111101011001 111010101010101 110010101110111 1000101011100111 111011001011101 1010101010101001 111101001111101 111110111100011 111010101110101 1010101001111101 100110100010101 0110101011101001 101010101010111 101010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 24
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 61 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, thy, in, not, his, of, make are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, trust, not, to, dearer are repeated.
The author used the same words and, make at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Counsel Of Tara;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Valmiki
- Analysis of Ravan's Triumph
- Analysis of Mandodari's Lament And The Funerals
- Analysis of Citizens' Lament