This is an analysis of the poem Speak Now For Peace that begins with:
Lady of Light, and our best woman, and queen,
Stand now for peace, (though anger breaks your heart),... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXa aXa aXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10011111011 1111110111 11111111001 1001111101 1111110100101 0010111001011 101001001011001 10010101001 1001001001001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, though, to, of are repeated.
The author used the same word lady at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Speak Now For Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.