This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
I defended myself in vain; now I'm slinking away
In the white moon's shade, tall spear shattered....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbccdeaXcdfgaegcfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101101101001 001111110 111101110011 11011001110 111101011001 100100010 10111110101111 1011110011 1011111101 011011111101 1101001011101 10010101011 10001011111 1101010101111 1100101001 010111001 11101011 10111010 1011010 100110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 891
- Average number of words per stanza: 157
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.