This is an analysis of the poem Engraving that begins with:
Through the mist today in sun
Was born of chaos, dead...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabc ddcX ebad aeeX dadX eXcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 110101 11011 1101 10101 101001100 1011 01110 101 0111 101 10101 01101 10011 10101 11001 11101 110101 1011 0101010 011100 111 111111 10101010 110101111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 94
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Engraving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.