This is an analysis of the poem Our Casuarina Tree that begins with:
LIKE a huge Python, winding round and round
The rugged trunk, indented deep with scars, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXccdbeb fggfbddbggX Xhheibbijjj XddXiffikkX dbbdfXhfeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,11,11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010111 0101100101 1001010101 0101010101 1101111100 01010111011 0101010101 1011110111 1111010101 0111110111 1100111101 11110001101 1111010101 0111010101 0101111101 1001111101 0101110111 1111100101 1011011101 1001110111 1111110011 010100111100 1101001000 1001000011 0101111011 1101010101 1111010101 1011000101 01001011111 1011110111 1011010101 0001011101 1100001111 0111100101 1111111101 01011100101 11000010101 1011010101 0111000101 111100101 11001010101 1101010101 1111101101 1110111101 1111110101 10110101001 110111101 1011010101 1101011111 0101110100 1011010101 11001110100 1101111101 1111011101 1101101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 477
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; on, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Our Casuarina Tree;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.