This is an analysis of the poem To Memory that begins with:
O deeper than the noontide seems when blue,
Conceived as of yet finer woof than air,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacbbc deedcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010111 0110110111 1111110101 1001110111 1101011101 1111110111 1111100111 1111011101 1101111101 1101110101 1011010001 1111111101 1101011101 11011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 318
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Memory;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.