This is an analysis of the poem The Rower's Chant that begins with:
ROW till the land dip 'neath
The sea from view. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bccc bdcd cbdb Xcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 0101 110111 0111 110111 1011 110101 1111 110111 0111 101101 0101 110111 1101 110101 1111 111100 1101 111111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The author used the same word row at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rower's Chant;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.