This is an analysis of the poem And Doth Not A Meeting Like This that begins with:
And doth not a meeting like this make amends
For all the long years I've been wandering away -- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcccc dededdXd fgfgahah dhdhcici dhdXjcjc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101010101 110101010001 01101111101 11011101101 1101010111101 01101101011 11001111011 11011011001 110010011001 01011101011 01001011101 11011001011 11011110001 11001011101 110010111100 010010101001 11101001111 01001011101 11111101101 01011001101 111010110010 11101001011 01101011011 11011011011 11101001101 01111001111 11101001011 11011111001 11111101101 01011011001 1011010011001 01101011000 11011101001 01111011001 11111111111 111110111110 110001101111 11001111011 11101011011 01011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 398
- Average number of words per stanza: 75
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, more, when, we, through are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of And Doth Not A Meeting Like This;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.