This is an analysis of the poem Dialogue Between A Sovereign And A One-Pound Note that begins with:
Said a Sov'reign to a Note,
In the pocket of my coat,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXXb ccbddX ddeffe XbXfX aaghhg ggXhhX bXiggi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,5,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 0010011 1110011010 1010011 1101001 1111101010 111101 010111 10101100010 1010111 1110111 0100111111001100 0010101 1010101 1010010111 110101 111101 1010111111 1100010010101 111110110 101011100 00100101 11011000111000 01111 110111 1111101011 1010101 1011101 110100011 110101 111101 10111100010 110111 1110101 1110111011000 0101010 1101010 0011010110 10111011 1111001 1111110110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, my, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dialogue Between A Sovereign And A One-Pound Note;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.