This is an analysis of the poem Going And Staying that begins with:
The moving sun-shapes on the spray,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abaab X cbccb X dbddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,1,5,1,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01011101 010101110 11010111 10011111 11010 1 10010101 0101001010 01010101 10011111 11010 1 11110011 110101010 01110101 11000101 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Going And Staying;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.