This is an analysis of the poem Mad Judy that begins with:
When the hamlet hailed a birth
Judy used to cry: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbX cdcdXX ceceff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 10101 11111001 11111 1111111 10000100 1010101 100001 1110101 101111 11111010 100010100 1110111 10111 1111101 10101 1111101 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mad Judy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Hardy
- Analysis of At Lulworth Cove A Century Back
- Analysis of The Garden Seat
- Analysis of Heiress And Architect